Headquartered in the quiet western city of Star, Idaho, the company began operations in 1977 as a janitorial service. Soon thereafter they entered the highly demanding arena of federal service contracts with the award of the Boise Interagency Fire Center.
Today, the thriving company has enjoyed consistent growth, doubling in size every two years since its first year of operation. “We know that people are the core of our organization and hiring the right people is the key to customer satisfaction,” states company president. The staff at W. Harris, G.S.C., Inc. is knowledgeable about organizational and government contracting; flexible in their approach to their unique needs; and responsive to questions and concerns. That approach has afforded the company a high level of contract renewals over the years.
- Vehicle Operations and Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance and Custodial Services
- Additional Services
- Military Family Housing Maintenance
- Military Housing Renovation
- Parks and Lakes Operations and Maintenance
- Hospital Antiseptic Maintenance
- Moral Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Operations
- NCO & Officer Club Operations
- Bowling Alley and Movie Theatre Operations
- Full Food Service Operations
- Hotel and Motel Operations
- Re-Forestation Services
Safety and Security – Safe and Secure Work Environment
We understand that safety and security are more important than ever. That is why our licensed and bonded employees receive training with special emphasis in those critical areas. Our reputation depends upon providing our clients and employees with a safe and secure working environment.
All employees are trained and qualified to perform their assigned duties. This includes programs such as OSHA, DOD, DeCA, site safety regulations and emergency evacuation plans as they may apply. They also receive instruction in vehicle and material handling equipment. Potential problems, existing malfunctions or accidents are reported immediately to the appropriate supervisor.