Posting Number: CU04072020
Date of Posting: April 7th, 2020 Posting Closing Date: April 12th, 2020
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Position: Custodian Janitor Housekeeper
Pay Rate: $15.18 gross per hour, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Paid Sick Leave
Schedule: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Applicant must be willing to submit to a DoD background check, Drug test, Immunization (Company will pay for.)
Applicant must be able to obtain VA Installation Access Clearance performed by Veteran Affairs.
You must go online to submit an application at www.wharrisgsc.com SAVE Application prior to submitting.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Housekeeping Aid performs a full range of light and heavy cleaning duties and routine housekeeping duties. Duties include but are not limited to;
- Performing repetitive tasks in maintaining an assigned area of the medical center in a sanitary, orderly and attractive condition.
- Adhering to all FMS safety, ergonomic, MVO, Industrial Hygiene, and Infection Control requirements applicable to their assignment, established in the current edition of Medical Center Directives, the FMS Procedure Manual, and FMS specific memorandums.
- Cleaning floors using power scrubbers and buffers; washes walls using micro fiber pads and vacuums with heavy industrial type vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning rooms associated with a medical center such as restrooms, patient rooms, exam rooms, offices, recreation rooms, etc.
- Collecting, transporting and disposing of normal hospital wastes, regulated medical waste (infectious waste) and when necessary hazardous wastes.
- Communicating with customers in a courteous, tactful, and helpful manner and is responsive to the customer’s needs.
- Demonstrating participation and knowledge in the facility’s Compliance and Business Integrity Program to prevent violations of the law as well as maintaining high ethical standards.
- Demonstrating the ability to adjust to change or work pressure in a pleasant and constructive manner.
- Identifying the customer’s situation properly and performing the tasks required to resolve the customer’s questions/issues accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keeping all equipment clean and in a presentable condition, and report to his/her supervisor any equipment in need of repairs or higher level maintenance.
- Listening to customer feedback, positive and/or negative, and acts to resolve matters/situations within his/her control.
- Operating other equipment such as a trash compacter, Sanipak, cardboard bailer, plastic bailer, high lifts and other equipment that the incumbent has been trained.
EXPERIENCE: A specific length of training and experience is not required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of this position. Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position must be supported by detailed descriptions of such on your resume. Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity